act! v17 is here!
Act! v17 was released on the 24th of October 2014, followed by Act! v17.1 and Act! v17.2 during 2015. Here is a summary of the four main new feature areas:
feature area 1: Fuse the power of intelligent emarketing with automation of sales best-practice
- Lead Capture Forms - Easily create simple web forms to capture leads from your web pages, newsletters, emails, and more, with Act! Lead Capture now included with Act! Emarketing.
- Act! eMarketing Basic included - Create, send and track professional, eye-catching email campaigns that reach your customers and prospects with the right message at the right time.
- Know who to follow-up first with intelligent, prioritized Call Lists that close the gap between Marketing and Sales.
- eMarketing Team Access - Find your best marketing fit with a new tier designed for teams, including additional contacts, Call List, and multiple profiles for sending email campaigns on behalf of your company, department, or individual team members.
- eMarketing and Smart Task Integration - Save time by automating key follow-up activities based on dynamic criteria you define, with new Smart Task options for Act! Emarketing - such as automatically sending an email to welcome a new customer, scheduling activities to follow-up hot leads, and assigning contacts to a new record manager.
Feature area 2: automation & productivity enhancements to help you save time and stay organised
- Contact Timeline - Now view all your interactions with a particular contact at a glance, with the new interative visual timeline that helps you prepare for and personalise your customer interations.
- 1-way Outlook Sync Option - New Outlook sync options allow you to choose whether to 1-way sync your Act! Contacts and Calendar to Outlook, 2-way sync information back to Act!, or keep both separate.
- Attach photos to history from Mobile Devices - Update contact records on-the-go, with new Act! Premium Mobile photo and document attachments.
- Integrate with iCloud & Dropbox - Easily integrate documents from popular business tools such as dropbox, Sharepoint, iCloud, Google Docs and more, to contact records in Act!
- Smart Task & eMarketing Integration - Take advantage of Smart Task options for sending Act! Emarketing messages, assigning activities, and contact owner reassignment that give you powerful automation so that you don't miss a beat.
Feature Area 3: New streamlined configuration and access options make deployment a snap!
- Free Browse-only Users - Make sure your team is in-the-know - create read-only licences for additional members of your business or team, at no extra charge!
- Create Remotes from Act! for Web - Easily create and distribute Act! Premium for Web remote databases and offline clients, directly from the web.
- Silent Install Utility - Improved global preference management allows you to automatically deploy, activate, and customise default user preferences for multiple users in a snap, allowing you to setup users and desktops quickly and easily.
- Hide inactive users from dropdowns and help speed up data entry.
- Enjoy behind-the-scenes performance and usability enhancements to improve productivity.
Feature set 4: act! gets a fresh, new look
- Explore the new look of Act! - updated icons, colours and layouts help you navigate more easily, save time, and focus on what's important.
- Easily access a variety of apps, right from the within the integrated Act! Marketpalce, that help extend the power and possibilities of your Act! solution - including dozens of premium apps for integrated accounting, data management and reporting, plus exclusive discounts for Business Care members.
- Get the most out of Act! with helpful tips, access to webinars and tutorials, and updates on the latest news from Act! via the new Welcome Page.
return to the act! crm home page